The secret to having it all…is knowing you already do.
Hi, I’m Nichole and I like to keep some things to myself. If you’re new here, sorry, my blog my rules. Today is a VERY big day. Dare I venture and say, epic? Today is marking something new in our journey across the pond. I’m uber excited but will wait to share the details; don’t want to go jinxing anything. It’s like the mixing of church and state; I try not to mix business with pleasure.
Here’s a hint: I baked for the occasion.
I know, what a crappy hint. Let’s say that my freelancing/freeloading days are coming to an end. But most of all thank the good graces above for allowing some things to work out just the way they should just when they were supposed to. God has a sense of humour, trust me I’m proof.
An avid celebrity enthusiast, I will address the Halloween insanity from yesterday. Thank you to the Skankensteins for running amuck in the media.
1. Jessica Simpson announces her pregnancy. Phew, we can all rest easier knowing that some media company was stupid enough to pay her to tell people the obvious. And might I add, kudos that it’s not gas, weight gain or a food baby.
2. Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries file for divorce. I would like to congratulate E! on the biggest coup and most expensive wedding stunt. Shame on all of us for even talking about this gar-bage. If you can name one real thing about her or her marriage I’ll give you $5.
On to November. It feels like we have been here much longer than three months, and I mean that in a good way.
This weekend we got ahead of the game and signed up for daylight savings. Things I like about daylight savings: for a full week I’m an hour closer to EST — meaning I can harrass my friends and family back home at a semi-normal hour.
Things I hate about daylights savings:
Is that a 4? Yep. The sun is super tired these days and likes to go to bed early. The only bright side is that we have a solid month of this and then we’ll be back to gaining some sunshine each day around Christmas.
It is quite bizarre to not have any Publix Thanksgiving commercials on TV. Never thought I’d miss a turkey or the Macy’s Day Parade this much. With that said, instead of candy corn, send anything with a turkey on it, okay?
Chatting with friends and catching up I realise I am not up to snuff with the US news, but I’ve also picked up plenty of useful/total crap news here on my island.
Things I don’t miss about the states:
– Political bin talking: The UK loves to cover Obama but we’ve escaped the Sarahs and Michelles for now.
– Dancing with the Stars: I think I missed that skeez Clooney dated get the boot and Chaz is fearing for
her his life?
Things I do miss about the states:
– COLLEGE FOOTBALL: Law do I miss some good ol’ southern trash talking. I have no idea how in the bin Richt’s career is, what mascot Corso’s sporting and what teams are on the fence. Which reminds me, I need to head over and subscribe to ESPN College News.
– Celeb Juice: I should have known months ago that Demi and Ashton were kaput. I love People Magazine, but when I hear news from them first I realise I’m slipping.
Things you can only get in the UK:
– Footballer Carlos Tevez in serious trouble for his dodgy misconduct on the sidelines. Hey, sometimes you just don’t feel like playing…unless you’re getting paid out the nose. Fat head.
– Indian Summer making headlines. The fact that it is warmer now that in July is baffling scientists. mwahaha.
Things all the news folks can agree on:
– No matter their nationality – Michael Jackson’s death trial. Conrad, good news, you’ve gone global.
– The financial future of the global. Outlook, doubtful.